I will bring a calm, measured presence to Nanaimo council
* Integrity * Experience * Diligence
* I am a Human Resources, Labour Relations and Aboriginal Relations professional with more than 40 years experience
in resolving problems through alternative dispute methods such as mediation and arbitration. This included aboriginal workforce development, health and safety, workers’ compensation, human rights and respectful workplace issues.
* Having resolved
conflict as a part of my career skillset, I will work to bring much needed harmony and achievement to council.
* My wife and I lived and successfully raised a family in Nanaimo and Gabriola for many years. I also worked in Alberta for
several years before settling back in Nanaimo.
* In past years I served as a Director, Vice-President and Audit Committee Member of a Credit Union.
* I am a continuing member of professional Labour Relations/Human Resources organizations.
* I currently volunteer at Nanaimo Loaves and Fishes Community Food Bank each week.
* And as a believer in continuing education, I participated in all sessions of the Civic Leadership Speakers' Series jointly sponsored by the Nanaimo Chamber, Our
Nanaimo and Leadership Vancouver Island.
My vision for Nanaimo is a city where all residents live together enjoying all that Nanaimo has to offer with its marvelous location, business and employment opportunities, educational
facilities, recreational activities and cultural amenities. I will do everything in my power as a councillor to make this city a place where citizens thrive and say they are proud to live here.
- Affordable housing by utilizing all funding which
Provincial and Federal governments offer.
- Investment and job creation by attracting businesses to Nanaimo and facilitating existing ones.
- Getting civic projects done in a timely, efficient manner always keeping in mind that it's taxpayers'
dollars doing the funding.
- Good government by Council overseeing the operations of the city in a responsible manner
- Manage smarter by Council always analysing if taxpayers are getting value for money spent
- Integrity and upfront transparency
so people know what their council is doing for them.
- Better transportation such as improvements to transit and roads.
- Hospital upgrades so Nanaimo residents don't need to travel to Victoria or the Lower Mainland for treatment.
email: email@example.com or phone at: (250)606-1212
You can follow me on Facebook: @guy4nanaimo or Twitter:
@beaulieu_4 or Instagram: guy4council
Authorized by Edith Cartwright, Financial Agent
June 17, Nanaimo News Bulletin article