Nanaimo is a special place to live. To meet the challenges of our growing city and move in a positive direction, we need to harness all the talent and know-how in our community. We need to work together.
My campaign is about strengthening our
community. Together, we can grow a strong and diverse local economy. Together, we can ensure a healthy environment to live, learn and work in. The key to our success is a functional, transparent local government. As your city councillor, I commit to work co-operatively
for a Nanaimo that is livable, sustainable and full of opportunity.
I am a local business owner and a committed community organizer. Raised in Nanaimo, I hold a BSc in Biology and an MA in counselling. My professional background includes non-profit,
government and private sector experience in both fields. I own and operate Yeoman Tree
I have devoted myself to making Nanaimo a better place. I am a director on several non-profit boards and a committee member for the Regional District.
I am one of the founding directors of the Mid-Island Community Development Co-op (MyCDC). MyCDC facilitates community projects that enhance the health of local neighbourhoods.
Restore a well-functioning city government
- Strong leadership and accountable city management
- Open and transparent city council; responsible use of tax dollars
- Inclusive committees and public engagement
- Efficient permitting process
- Action on affordable housing and homelessness
- Revitalize downtown core; effective public transportation
- Mandate authentic engagement in Truth and Reconciliation
- Empower our community organizations
Ensure a Healthy Environment
- Re-establish the city advisory committee on environment
- Restore and protect our city’s nature spaces and waterways
- Improve recycling access and services; Incentivize
the use of green technology
Grow a strong and diverse local economy
- Strengthen city economic development program
- Attract and develop tech and local agriculture food sector
For more visit: www.bengeselbracht.ca