0726 – An Official Community Plan (OCP) amendment application for the Green Thumb property on Hammond Bay Road envisions a compact urban village with high quality open spaces and pedestrian-friendly design. The plan was developed by Evan Peterson
of Barefoot Planning for the owners, Wilhelmina Group Limited Partnership.
The plan lays out a vision for a vibrant, walkable neighbourhood with a focus on high-quality urban design; a comprehensive and connected green open space network; and rich landscaping
throughout public and private spaces. On the south half, a medium density residential neighbourhood with a boutique retail village core is envisioned. Whereas, on the north end, a higher-density, future-adaptive mixed use hub is envisioned.
pedestrian-friendly village with central plaza and mixed use ‘main street’
- Large multi-functional park and gathering space at the heart of an extensive trail and open space network
- Improved Uplands Drive and sensitive
interface to adjacent neighbourhoods
- Higher-density northern end (later phases) responds to Hammond Bay Road and Woodgrove node
- High quality built environment with focus on people- centric and green design principles, including
courtyards and green open spaces
- Green, pedestrian-friendly street network with street trees and landscaped-based stormwater management
- Preserved mature tree stands at key gateways
- The full plan is available for
the public to examine at the city website – SEE
THE COMPLETE PLAN